Emma Kathryn

Emma is rather tiny and slightly mad. She welcomes you to her blog...

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Apologies Bunnies...

Wow, I haven't blogged in over 2 weeks.  How lazy is that?  Well I have been anything but lazy lately, so let me fill you in on a tale of heartache and triumph and we'll all be up to date again...

Have no new acceptances to report - not due to rejections but due to the fact that I haven't had time to send anything new out to any open calls.  This is because I've been working my curvy butt off on a novella!  It's called "Glitter and Trauma" and is part of a collection of four novellas that Jason Barney is putting together.  Four writers, four very different superhero stories.  Hoping to find a publisher for it in about September, so I shall keep you all posted on that one.  It's all I've been working on lately and right now, it's pretty much all I can think about too.  Made up a playlist for it on my iPod (the same way I do when I'm working on a novel, or novel idea) and have been blasting it in my ears when I'm out and about and can't write.  I won't go into plot details yet, but maybe I'll reveal more next week.

In other news, I'm going to be a teacher.  Got accepted onto a teacher training course last week and I start soon.  God help the little children.  Can you imagine me as a teacher?  If I could put Batman on the curriculum I bloody well would.


I know it came out ages ago, but behold, the Dusted link.  I got my copy at the end of July and it's such a fantastic book.  I see Static Movement are already planning a sequel for it, so as soon as I've got this novella done, I'll get something sent off for this.

I finished Gerald Costlow's The Weaving ages ago and keep meaning to put a review up here.  Again, I will add it to the post-novella list.

Better get back to my superladies...

Lotsaluv, Em

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the novella it sounds interesting and i can't wait to hear more about it!
    What will you be teaching? English? i think you would be great at that.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did a whole bunch of work on it this morning.

    Yeah, it's English. Am a tad afraid but mostly excited. But thanks for having some faith in my teaching abilities! XD

    Lotsaluv, Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo. . .the novella sounds exciting! And becoming a teacher!

    Glad to see you back x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I am a very busy bunny these days!

    Lotsaluv, Em

    ReplyDelete