Emma Kathryn

Emma is rather tiny and slightly mad. She welcomes you to her blog...

Friday 18 May 2012

Praise for "Glitter and Trauma"

Bragging time folks.  If you're still humming and hawing over whether or not to but "Glitter and Trauma", let me list a few good reasons why you should.

Today is all about some of the good press my new superheroes have had so far.  Reviews are taken from Good Reads.  Kai said:


"There were some genuinely suspenseful parts, such as the flashbacks to Sarah (aka The Illuminator) and what she was like in high school, and the fight during which she discovered her powers as a Light One during her first encounter with a Dark One. 
I also liked the little self-referential bits, such as the joking references Sarah makes to comic book heroes like the X-Men. It showed me that this author has a joking but loving appreciation for the superhero aesthetic that this book is aiming for...If any readers get the opportunity to obtain this book, please do. It is a dark, sometimes funny, and pretty exciting world to inhabit."



Thank you so much to Kai and feel free to click on the above link to read the full review.  This is a shortened version in order to skip spoilers.  In another Good Reads review, Naomi wrote:


"I liked the concept and the story was fast and intriguing. I loved Leech - actually, I'd love to see a story focusing on him. Ellie and Sarah were well-drawn too, and the world of the Shadow Creatures and givers and takers was fascinating. I think there's a lot of potential for more stories in this comic-book style world...Emma Kathryn is going on my to-watch list!"


Thanks to Naomi for an awesome review.  Again, the link is available above for you to read the whole comment.  At Good Reads, the book is currently sitting at a 3 star rating, so it would be great if more people who have read the story to pop along and leave a review.  I'd really appreciate it and will be more than happy to link it on here.


In extremely exciting news...website Upcoming4Me did a wicked review of G & T.  It's a really nice and complimentary review and I really appreciate it.  Thank you Upcoming4me!  What an awesome website.  Here's a sneak peek:


"Ultimately, Glitter and Trauma is fun, quick read and you should definitely give it a try if you like smart paranormal fiction. As for us, we thing there's potential for the series here so we'll definitely keep an eye on the Emma in the future."


I would happily have posted that whole review here but I'll let you go read it for yourself.  I'm so happy with it anyway.  And it looks like Upcoming4Me and I are not through yet and there may be more Vampire Bunny exclusives popping up on there!  So keep an eye out!


In similar news, I was interviewed for Shonda Brock's Paranormal Wednesday series this week.  If you want to know more about me or are just plain curious, give it a read.  A huge thank you to Shonda and her team for giving me the opportunity to do this.  It was great fun.


Well that's about it for today folks.  I doubt you've forgotten by now but remember that Glitter and Trauma is available in the US and the UK as well as Spain, France, Germany and Italy.  Give it a try today!


Em







No comments:

Post a Comment