Emma Kathryn

Emma is rather tiny and slightly mad. She welcomes you to her blog...

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Wendy and her Watcher

Review for Dark Things at horrornews.net.  One of those fun, full-detail numbers that writes a nice wee paragraph about each story.  Thoroughly exciting seeing my name on a horror site review.  Made me look something like this XD

Here's my little extract:

“Watching Shadows” by Emma Kathryn is a take off on the character of Wendy from Peter Pan. This story, however, is not the fun trip to Neverland that Wendy experiences in Peter Pan; no this story is about the dark shadow tapping at her window late at night. What does this shadow want? Is the shadow friend or foe? These are questions Wendy wonders as she contemplates letting the shadow into her room. This story was an interesting take off on the Peter Pan story and we realize that not all fairy tales have happy endings.

The full review of the rest of the book can be found at the link above.  I better beat it now because I've got a ridiculous amount of work to do.  Just thought I'd keep you all posted.

On that note, I've had another story accepted for Static Movement's Ruby Red Cravings.  This is another new vampire tale, this one called "Last of the Wilds".  So if you're a fan of my vampire stuff, this anthology is a must-read!!!

Bysie bye my fair bloody bunnies.

Lotsaluv, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment