Emma Kathryn

Emma is rather tiny and slightly mad. She welcomes you to her blog...

Monday 12 April 2010

Daily Bites of Flesh Mark 2

Got my second story accepted for Pill Hill's Daily Bites of Flesh anthology. Yaaaas!!!! It's the opening to my vampire collection ("Flashes Before her Eyes"), which has already been on Elfwood for like forever. Seriously, I'm pretty sure it was amongst the first stories I ever uploaded. Granted, that was over five years ago, so this version is the nice, sexy revival which I wrote last summer during my "I'm-going-to-write-a-book-in-30-days-even-though-it's-not-NaNoWriMo!" kick. So it's much better now, thanks to a total rewrite and a quote from Mary Shelley. YOINK!

I'm pretty pleased to get this one in print, because it means I can start getting some of the later stuff out. AND, fingers crossed, but if "Blood, Bones and Bowie" makes the final cut of Pill Hill's Fire and Ice antho (it's currently short-listed) then I can really start to get some of the good stuff out there.

For anyone who's confused, I write a vampire series called "Flashes Before her Eyes" and various episodes are scattered all over the place. Such as:

8 episodes can be found on my Elfwood.
"Belle of the Bayou" in Lame Goat's Diamonds in the Rough.
"A Pirate's Life for Me" is to be in the next issue of Ethereal Tales.
"The Cross" will be published in Wicked East Press' upcoming anthology Cup of Joe.
"The First" will be published in Daily Bites of Flesh (Woohoo).

Now that you're acquainted with my vampire mistress, shall we continue? Yes? Then continue we shall...

Anyway, I think DBoF is going to be stupendously magical and I await its publication with my heart all a-flutter.

I keep meaning to get some fresh stories done, but I've got one of my final university essays due and it's doing my head in. DAMN LOUIS-FERDINAND CELINE AND HIS BLOODY "JOURNEY TO THE END OF THE NIGHT"!!!!! I have been staring at it for so long that now I just want to stamp on it and set it on fire, then maybe stamp on it some more.

Ta-ra chucks. Be seeing you soon...when I reclaim my sanity from whatever pages of that damn book I left it between.

Lotsaluv, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment