Emma Kathryn

Emma is rather tiny and slightly mad. She welcomes you to her blog...

Sunday 20 June 2010

Barcelona...

Hola bunnies, I have returned from beautiful Barcelona with a smile on my face.  Had a fantastic time, pictures to follow...

Now to business...My inbox was heaving when I got back.  Just spent the last hour replying to emails and raiding message boards.  Bloody Hell, I've been in demand lately.

Looks like Lame Goat Press are up and running again so I'll keep you updated on how that turns out.  Awaiting info on Flash and N.C.  Hmmm...
*NEWS...UPDATE...NEWS...UPDATE*  Since publishing this post, I have just discovered on Static Movement that LGP is no longer in business and that Chris Bartholomew (top bunny) is going to take over Flash.  I'm trying to find out more about Novus Creatura.  It seems like Aurora Wolf are taking over.  Going to email around.  Will update ASAP.

My story "Starry Eyed" (based on the Ellie Goulding song of the same name) has been accepted for the first issue of Moon Washed Kisses (freakin' love that title!!!).  It's a really short, really cute wee daft piece, which I'm delighted to see find a home.  Wrote half of it on the train to K Bargie's and the other half in his room, making him wait for me to finish before he put on whatever film we were going to watch.  I love stories like that; the ones that just demand your attention until they're done.  Anyway, the first issue is due in July, so I'll link to it when it turns up.

The first issue of Dark Eye Glances is online!  Yaaay! My poem Gypsy marks my debut into the world of poetry (not counting my Elfwood pieces, of course - even though I love my Alice poem).  I thought I was being all mental and funny by sending a rather demented-looking picture of myself, until I saw that everybody else sent sensible ones.  Oh dear.  Now I look even crazier.  Anyway, it's up there, so just give the link a bash and enjoy.

No other gossip.  I'm in the process of tidying the ol' blog up so that my online stuff is accessable on the main page, rather than readers having to trawl old posts to find my stuff on Static Movement or Dark Eye Glances.  Let me know if you think it looks stupid.

Reading the new Charlaine Harris book.  It's not quite what I was expecting, but there's lots of naked Eric so I'm not really complaining.

Lotsaluv, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment